AP PSYCHOLOGY Chapter 8 Big Review
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Opt for the one option that best completes the statement or answers problem. 1) Inside the early twentieth century, specialists were likely to explain motivated behavior by attributing this to ________.
A) learned responses
2) The idea stating that behaviors will be motivated by body's efforts to reduce pressure from conditions such as craving for food or thirst to a condition of equilibrium is ________ theory. A) homeostatis
D) drive decrease
3) Some psychologists believe that behavior is motivated by body's attempts to achieve a situation of equilibrium in which the human body functions efficiently, or ________. A) propinquity
4) A famous psychologist statements that encouraged behaviors result from an effort to lower tension due to bodily needs such as craving for food or thirst. This psychologist's philosophy many closely complements ________ theory.
5) Which in the following will not support drive-reduction theory? A) going jogging if you are bored
B) getting anything to drink while you are thirsty
C) going to sleep while you are tired
D) getting something to eat when you are hungry
6) Primary drives are ________.
B) based on a physiological state
C) exceptions to the drive-reduction theory
D) inп¬‚uenced by stimuli outside the body system
7) Primary drives are ________.
A) exceptions to the drive-reduction principle
B) produced by external incentives
8) Being thirsty, sex, and hunger will be examples of ________ drives.
9) Pushes that are many strongly inп¬‚uenced by stimuli within the physique are called ________ drives. A) primary
10) Primary pushes are found in ________.
A) only mammals
C) many animals apart from primates
B) almost all animals
D) only lizards and п¬Ѓsh
11) The idea of motivation that offers that organisms seek the best possible level of stimulation is ________ theory.
B) drive reduction
C) the hierarchy of needs
12) The Yerkes-Dodson Law states ________.
A) there exists an maximum level of excitement levels for best performance of any kind of task B) organisms keep pace with reduce arousal and maintain homeostasis C) extrinsic motivation is more powerful than intrinsic inspiration D) that intrinsic determination is more powerful than intrinsic motivation
13) Which usually of the subsequent is true?
A) Sometimes behavior is motivated to enhance arousal, while other times it can be motivated to lower arousal.
B) Behavior is generally motivated to take care of the current amount of arousal. C) Behavior is almost always motivated to lower arousal.
D) Behavior is almost always motivated to improve arousal.
14) The idea that there is an optimal standard of arousal for best performance of any activity, and the more advanced the task, the bottom the level of ideal arousal, is ________. A) the Law of Effect
B) Weber's Regulation
C) the Law of Diminishing Returns
D) the Yerkes-Dodson Law
15) According to the Yerkes-Dodson Law, higher levels of arousal ________. A) would be best when performing straightforward tasks
B) always disrupt performance of any task
C) are best for executing all jobs, whether straightforward or complex D) work best when performing complex tasks
16) Based on the Yerkes-Dodson Rules, lower degrees of arousal ________. A) work best when performing complicated tasks
B) are best for carrying out all jobs, whether simple or sophisticated C) always disrupt functionality of a job
D) work best when performing straightforward tasks
17) In line with the Yerkes-Dodson Regulation, ________.
A) easy responsibilities require a really low level of psychological level
B) difп¬Ѓcult responsibilities require a...